The Best Small Dehumidifiers For Your Bathroom
Finding a small dehumidifier for your bathroom can be a challenge. There are a vast majority of manufacturers out there and a plethora of features built into these devices. It helps to know what your current needs are as well as your budget. It also helps if others have spoken about their dehumidifier choices – which can help you decide on your final one. We’ve done the hard work for you. We’ve found 5 of the best selling and best reviewed small humidifiers for your bathroom below:
Afloia Dehumidifier for Home,Electric
This energy efficient dehumidifier from Afloia ensures maximum water extraction with minimum power use. Automatically shuts off when maximum capacity reached. Great choice. Click for more info.
- - > Removes Moisture with Less Energy: Removes up to 350ml of moisture per day at 86°F, 80%RH in a room up to 2200 cubic feet , this dehumidifier is highly efficient than other compact or conventional dehumidifiers. It quickly, efficiently and strongly sucks moisture out of the air, decreasing the ability for these particles to proliferate. Note: The optimal working temperature of the dehumidifier is 59-104°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- - >Ultra Quiet Dehumidifier: This portable dehumidifier is ultra quiet which runs under 30dB sound level, which is extraordinarily less than most of the uncontrollably noisy portable dehumidifiers available on the market.
- - > Ease of Operation and Auto-Shut Off: Smart digital dehumidifier control system which gets automatically shut off when the 1400ml tanker is full. This Afloia Portable Dehumidifier has a detachable tank, easy to remove and clean, and can be left for up to 4 days without supervision.
- - > Compact, Portable and Value for Money: Fit for usage in any damp spaces of the home, it is perfect dehumidifier for basement, attics, bedroom, camper, closet and office use. Not only that! Afloia Dehumidifier can be a quick move from your bedroom to bathroom, or a perfect fit in your hand carry for a quick trip out of town.
- - > Creates Comfortable & Healthy Atmosphere: This dehumidifier for home effortlessly removes moisture from the space up to 54 - 220 square feet putting an end to the risk of allergies, other health issues as well as formation of molds, structural damage at your property. Helps you to operate safely during the day and sleep comfortably at night!
TOSOT Small Bathroom Humidifier
The small dehumidifier from Tosot is perfect for smaller-sized rooms up to 1,500 square feet, or spaces that are extremely humid like bathrooms or laundry rooms. Has a continuous gravity drain so you can bypass the bucket. Click for more info.
- 1,500 SQ FT: Removes up to 20 pints (30 pints 2012 DOE) of water every 24 hours. Whether you are using this Energy-Star Dehumidifier in the basement, bathroom, bedroom, or garage, it will quickly remove moisture without driving up your utility bill
- DRAINAGE OPTIONS: Our spill-proof bucket has a 1 gallon capacity and a beeping reminder to empty the drain bucket. If carrying buckets is not your thing, connect a 3/4 drain hose (not included) to remove water into a sump pump or floor drain
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target, the control panel will display the current humidity level. The unit will power off after reaching the target you set. If you choose nonstop mode, the dehumidifier will run regardless of the current humidity
- SILENT OPERATION: This dehumidifier is so quiet you might forget it's there. A peak sound level of 48 decibels will be almost as quiet as a private suburban street or a normal conversation at home
- 20 YEARS' EXPERIENCE: As the largest residential AC producer in the world, we have a pretty good idea about how to make quality products. If you have any problems or concerns, our customer service team is happy to assist you
Honati Portable Dehumidifier
This ultra quiet small humidifier from Honati has a built in automatic shut off to prevent flooding and water overflow. Keeps your home comfortable and healthy. Click for more info.
LONOVE Portable Dehumidifier
This multi-purpose, ultra quiet dehumidified from Lonove is easy to operate and portable. Comes equipped with a a water level controller and can shut itself off when necessary. Click for more info.
- HIGH EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION - Our small dehumidifier adopts Peltier technology and features 360°dehumidify, which has a great power efficiency for removing the moisture in the air. This portable dehumidifier comes with a 27oz(800 ml) water tank, absorbs up to 350ml moisture in a day at 86℉, 80%RH. The dehumidification function is better than other electric dehumidifiers which have the same capacity. Our mini dehumidifier is suitable for rooms up to 50sq ft - 190 sq ft.
- CREATE A HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT -breath fresh air in your home. According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems.Installing a small dehumidifier can be the best solution!Our dehumidifier for bathroom start work when the humidity more than 50%, it collects moisture from your home’s air before releasing it back to the room. The final product is air that doesn’t make you feel sticky or dry. Your days of humidity are over！
- MUlTI-PURPOSE BUT ULTRA QUEIT - Dehumidifiers for home take excessive water out of the air. This can have a huge impact on the environment in your home during the summer, helps to preventing the peeling of wallpaper, protecting home electronics and music equipment, preserving documents, and keeping sofas, chairs and curtains from smelling.SUPER QUIET DESIGN, noise is below 35dB,runs quiet with no annoying sound,without disturbing your sleep, work or study, perfect for space like bedroom
- EASY TO OPERATE AND PORTABLE - Our safe dehumidifier is designed with only one power button to make it easy for everyone to use.Press the on/off button to start dehumidifying(blue light), then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full(yellow light), at which point our portable dehumidifier will automatically shut-off.Compact and lightweight, it can be carried from the room to the office, or take it to your RV or Camper.
- SMART POWER-OFF AND ENERGY SAVING - equipped with a water level controller, our dehumidifier for bedroom can shut off itself when the controller reaches its max level and the indicator light turns YELLOW to remind you to empty the tank out. Compare to older dehumidifiers,our small dehumidifier use a fan to move air over refrigerated coils, pull water from the air, and drip it into a tank.That means you’ll see savings in operating costs compared with older dehumidifiers!
AFLOIA Electric Dehumidifier
With built in auto shut off sensor, easy to remove front water tank and a portable design, this dehumidifier from Afloia is ready to provide a safe, enironmentally friendly environment to your home. Click for more info.
- 【Dehumidifier and Air Purifier Combo】 Afloia air purifier combines functions of purification and dehumidification, it can dehumidify while purifying the air, or only purify the air according to the needs in different seasons. Electric dehumidifier with 34oz/1L removable water tank is capable of removing up to 26oz/750ml of moisture per day in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. Coverage area of dehumidification is 215sq.ft, of purification is 108-161sq.ft.
- 【True HEPA Filter】 Afloia 2-IN-1 air purifier with true HEPA filtration system can capture 99.97% of fine particles as small as 0.3 microns and large pollutants such as dust, pet dander, pollen, smoke, etc.
- 【Auto Shut-Off & Reminder】 High/Mid/Low fan speed of the air purifiers and dehumidifier can be adjusted by touch panel. When the water tank reaches full capacity, it will shut down automatically. LED indicator will light up to notice you to empty the tank or replace the air filter in time.
- 【Quiet Operation】 Afloia quiet dehumidifiers for home adopts the advanced Peltier technology, no compressor. This feature makes it don't disturb your sleep, work or study and allows you to have it running all day or night with minimal noise distractions(38-45dB). Perfect small air purifier for bedroom, small living room, basement, kitchen, bathroom, studyroom, garage, office,storage spaces, RV, closet, etc.
- 【Safe & Certified】 Air purifier and dehumidifier in one without chemical substances. 45W low energy consumption, energy saving and eco-friendly. FCC certified, ETL listed and RoHS compliant, 100% ozone free. (Get replacement filter, please search for B08D76LJPD)
Why A Dehumidifier?
Did you recently realize that your bathroom has humid issues? Or, you may have, for quite long, known that your bathroom has humid issues. Well, the fact that you realized your bathroom’s condition is actually a good thing; you’ve made the initial step to living in a better and healthier home. Such humid bathrooms can do well to make use of small dehumidifiers for bathrooms.
A dehumidifier is an appliance that helps maintain the most optimum and healthy humidity levels in any space. It maintains optimum humidity by cleansing the air of any excess moisture in the bathroom. Warm, moist air is pulled into the dehumidifier’ unit and chilled against the coils which contain a liquid coolant. This chilled moisture then condenses, is captured and the dry air sent back to the bathroom space.
Dehumidifiers are especially most important in the bathrooms; which have the highest levels of humidity and a lot of groundwater runoff. The highest levels of humidity in the bathrooms can be attributed to the limited ventilation and small spaces in the bathrooms. Dehumidifiers help prevent mold, bacteria and also other humid particulates from growing; which could result in several health issues in the long-run. The general result of dehumidifiers is that they create more comfortable and healthier bathrooms.
Another reason why dehumidifiers are important is that they lessen allergy triggers in a bathroom. Humid bathrooms carry very many allergy triggers, such as mold, dust mites, and mildew. For those who are prone to getting allergies, you know that these can get really worse at times. Getting a dehumidifier can be the best solution for your allergies.
So the big question is; what aspects should you think about before settling on which dehumidifier to get for your bathroom space? This article outlines 4 major things that when considered will provide your bathroom with just the ideal dehumidifier, that will remedy all the moisture problems in your bathroom.
How To Select The Best Dehumidifier For Your Space
Dehumidifiers come in a variety of different designs, sizes, and colors. With such a wide range of choices, it can be quite confusing for a person buying a dehumidifier for their bathroom. The following are some of the major considerations that one ought to keep in mind when selecting the dehumidifiers for their bathrooms;
a.) Room Size
Dehumidifiers are rated depending on two major aspects. First, the quantities of water that they are able to remove from the air. Two, the number of square feet of a room that dehumidifiers can keep dry. Obviously, most people have no idea of the specific quantities of water that a quality dehumidifier can remove. However, knowing the latter part, that is, the number of square feet of the bathroom, can help a person know which dehumidifier will be the best for their bathroom. In cases where the number of square feet of your bathroom is nearer the top end of the promised capacity of a dehumidifier, you should get the next larger size.
b.) Level of Humidity
If your home is located in generally humid environments, or your bathroom has high moisture levels throughout all seasons, a standard dehumidifier might not be the best for you. Rather, you should opt for a high-capacity dehumidifier unit, that operates more often than the standard unit.
c.) Room Temperature
Most dehumidifiers have been built to operate best under normal room temperatures. However, if your bathroom is usually cold, using a standard dehumidifier may prove to be useless and could even result in damaging the unit. Instead, you can choose a dehumidifier that has the ability to handle very cold temperatures.
Dehumidifiers have varying noises. The best thing to do would be to operate a dehumidifier before purchasing it, and accessing if its noise level is okay with you or not.
e.) Energy Consumption
It is best that you choose the dehumidifiers that will help maintain your energy costs and bills to a minimum. Energy Star-rated units are the most convenient dehumidifiers for saving on energy.
Top 5 Features Of Modern Dehumidifiers
Modern dehumidifiers are being designed with cool features that make these units more efficient and convenient for use in bathroom spaces. You can also consider looking for these features when you start buying your bathroom a modern dehumidifier. The following are the top 5 features that have been included in the modern dehumidifiers;
a.) Water Tank Capacities
Most modern dehumidifiers are designed with storage tanks, for storing the collected water from the air. This water has to be emptied periodically from the tanks. Modern designs include larger storage tanks to ensure that emptying of the collected water is done less often.
b.) Continuous Drain Facility
Modern dehumidifiers are built with an allowance for attaching a hose to a drainage port. Such an allowance helps to eliminate the tough work of emptying the storage tank. This is because collected water continuously flows out, through the attached hose into a drainage port, such as a sink.
c.) Automatic Shut-off
The automatic shut-off feature included in the modern dehumidifiers, automatically shuts down the water storage tank, when it is almost overfilling. The automatic shut-off can include an indicator light for showing when the storage tank is full.
d.) Auto Defrost
This is a feature that has been added to modern refrigerant dehumidifiers. It helps to prevent water from freezing on the dehumidifier’s cold coils when it is absorbed from the air. These units may have a sensor that automatically turns them off whenever frost forms. This helps minimize the energy wasted and also saves on the running costs.
This feature added to modern dehumidifiers makes it possible for one to set the dehumidifier, such that it turns on and/or off, after predetermined periods of time. A timer on a dehumidifier unit helps save on the running costs.
Top 5 Signs To Know You May Need A Dehumidifier
If you have the following notable signs of high humidity levels in your bathroom space, then you need to consider getting a dehumidifier for your bathroom before it’s too late;
a.) Frequent Condensation On Windows
If you notice that your bathroom windows condense on the interior glasses, have water beading and form fog and vapor-like moisture on the glasses, then this is an indication of high humidity levels in your bathroom. Window and door condensation could result in the rotting of wooden casings and provide a good environment for mold growth.
b.) Mold Spots Or Mold Spores
Hot showers release steam which goes up to the ceilings and corners of the bathroom walls. This steam may cause moisture issues in the bathroom space, especially if the bathroom lacks fans that can divert steam and humidity to the outside.
In such humid conditions, mold may grow on the walls, around or even under the toilet, on the ceiling, and at the wall corners. More mold may also grow in the area surrounding the shower. A leaking toilet or plumping system may also cause mold problems in a bathroom.
Mold spots can also grow under window seals that are faulty and on rotting casings. Excess moisture could even result in the growth of black molds; which could cause serious health issues to a person.
c.) Musty Smell And Odor
A musty odor is an indicator that a bathroom space contains mold and mildew; common characteristics of humid areas. The musty odor can be felt in the air or occur on the bathroom towels.
The musty smell can be due to humidity formed by improper sealing of the bathroom doors and windows. It can also be due to wet floors and bathroom cement that seeps underground water due to inadequate tile installation in the bathroom.
d.) Recurring Dampness
If you notice recurrent dampness on the bathroom floor or white/grayish markings of water levels, then this is a sign that you need a dehumidifier for your bathroom. These are indicators for extra moisture in the bathroom.
The reason behind such high humidity levels could be inadequate weeping tiles in the bathroom or concrete that requires to be sealed well.
e.) Water Stain Marks On The Walls And Ceilings
Watermarks can form at the walls of bathroom closets, or at the areas around and below the windows. These water stain marks can be accompanied by stuffy and musty smells. They are an indication that your bathroom has humid issues and requires a dehumidifier.
10 Benefits Of A Dehumidifier
Having a dehumidifier in a bathroom is certainly worth it. Some of the benefits associated with it are as explained below:
a.) Mold Prevention
Mold is a fungus plant that grows in moist and damp environments. In even larger quantities, mold can cause serious health issues and allergies to a person. Dehumidifiers help to remove moisture from the bathroom, removing any environment where mold can grow. This prevents mold from growing in the bathrooms and also improves the family’s health.
b.) Improve Air Quality
The humidity levels of a bathroom can determine greatly the quality of air in the bathroom. Dehumidifiers play such important roles when it comes to improving the bathroom’s air quality. These units work even better than house plants or any bathroom air purifiers. They improve the air quality of a bathroom space, even where the humidity levels are too high.
c.) Eliminate Dust Mites
Dehumidifiers serve to maintain an optimum humidity level in a bathroom space. Such an optimum level of humidity is not an ideal environment for the survival of dust mites. Hence, dehumidifiers eliminate every single chance for dust mites surviving in the bathroom environment. Elimination of dust mites, also, means no more allergy symptoms caused by dust mites.
d.) Protects Your Bathroom
High humidity in a bathroom space can lead to great damages in the bathroom structures. The wood in the bathroom can end up cracking and even splitting. Mold may also grow on the walls and weaken the cement and wall fixtures. Furthermore, moisture may cause metal fittings to rust. Dehumidifiers help absorb this harmful moisture from the bathroom air, protecting the bathroom from slow deterioration.
e.) Increases Comfortability In The Bathroom
High humidity levels may lead to a bathroom space feeling warmer than it actually is. Dehumidifiers remove warm moisture from the air. This results in a more comfortable bathroom. It also eliminates the need to use an air conditioner in the bathroom.
f.) Portability And Convenience
Some dehumidifiers have been designed with mobile capabilities, which make them very convenient. They have casters and carrying handles which make them easily portable. These features make it very easy to use on a daily basis. Their portability also makes it easy to move them into separate bathrooms; eliminating the need for you to buy a dehumidifier for each of your bathrooms. One portable dehumidifier can be used for all bathrooms.
g.) Energy Efficiency
Most Energy Star dehumidifiers are energy-efficient units, that is, they operate in such a way as to save energy. Therefore, these dehumidifiers help to cut on utility costs and energy bills. Their energy-saving aspect helps create a healthier environment at home and also saves costs in the long run.
h.) Easy And Quick Maintenance
Some dehumidifiers have a top-loading filter. This feature makes maintaining the dehumidifiers to be quick and easy. This is because the top-loading feature provides a compartment at the top of the unit which enables easy access of the filler. Therefore, a lot of time does not have to be spent on opening the dehumidifier, which at times could cause an unwanted mess.
I.) Usable In Any Bathroom
A dehumidifier can be used in any bathroom space. It doesn’t matter if one bathroom is extremely moist while another is less humid. There is always a dehumidifier designed for every bathroom condition. Actually, most dehumidifiers can even be used in all bathrooms spaces, not only keeping the bathrooms dry but also minimizing costs otherwise spent on buying more dehumidifiers.
j.) Auto Defrost Saves Time
For the automatic defrosting dehumidifiers, they are especially convenient when it comes to saving time on maintenance. This feature enables one to operate their dehumidifier with no worry about possible frost damage. The coils of this type of dehumidifier do not ice over and can, therefore, be used for a longer-term.
So, should you own a dehumidifier? The answer is, 100% Yes. Indeed, getting a dehumidifier is the best option for humid bathrooms. Review the themes discussed in this article before you go out to buy a humidifier for your bathroom. Then go get your bathroom’s most ideal dehumidifier, which will provide you with a healthier and happier bathroom experience.